We are delighted that the National College have made 155 full cost scholarships available in Yorkshire and Humber for participants to undertake the NPQML. The deadline to apply is the 20 June 2014.
Why is NCTL awarding these Scholarships?
Many regions are experiencing challenges in the recruitment of Headteachers and in some areas too few candidates put themselves forward for senior leadership roles. There is compelling evidence of the link between high quality leaders, gaps in achievement and school performance. Energy and emphasis should focus on the systematic development of talented leaders at all levels to ensure the leadership supply pipeline is robust. Ultimately the system needs capacity and quality school leaders at all levels.
Yorkshire and Humberside needs more talented Middle Leaders
To support the identification and development of talented middle leaders who aspire to a next stage promotion, NCTL are awarding a number of targeted scholarships for NPQML in Y&H. These are worth £900, and will be deducted from the fee payable to enrol on NPQML. Scholarships will be awarded to successful applicants who can demonstrate they meet the following criteria:
• Meet the broad acceptance criteria for NPQML
• Have the potential, talent and serious intent to seek a promotion to senior leadership within 2 years
• Is a middle leader in either a primary, small primary (between 100 and 150 pupils), faith, special or coastal school
• Is a middle leader in a small secondary school (less than 650 pupils)
• Is from an under-represented group
All details are on the Courses page, NPQML section.