This training is suitable for front line staff, e.g. receptionist, EWO, Parent Support Worker, Learning Manager etc. The aim of this training is to be able to deescalate potential difficult situations with parents / carers.
• Become more confident about dealing with aggression and violence
• Describe common causes of conflict in their workplace environment
• Recognise potential triggers for conflict
• Gain a basic understanding of the neuroscience and psychology of anger and aggression
• Recognise and understand how their own body language and methods of communication can affect others
• Explain positive models of communication that can assist in conflict resolution
• Understand patterns of behaviour that can escalate into verbal and physical aggression
• Have a basic understanding of current legislation and the Law relating to issues that can arise when dealing with aggression and violence in the workplace
• Understand and practise techniques for defusing and de-escalating situations
• Risk assess their own safety when dealing with a potentially aggressive or violent situation
• Recognise and practise a range of breakaway and disengagement techniques to use in personal and professional life
Prior to the session on 18th May, all delegates need to read and complete the below documents. These need to be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday 8th May at the latest.
By booking onto this course, you are agreeing to complete and return the relevant documents.
This event is for internal staff only, and is limited to a maximum of 12 delegates
For OGAT members of staff the price is £116 (excl. VAT) per person.