Outwood Institute of Education is delighted to be a provider of the National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership!
Want to talk to someone about your options and career progression? Email us with your name and phone number at email@example.com and a course leader will call you.
The NPQML teaches you to develop, improve and sustain high quality teaching with your team. It will help you identify strategies to help close any gaps in student’s attainment. You’ll learn:
• the principles and practice of effective teaching and learning
• how to identify outstanding teaching and learning
• leadership strategies to influence and improve the quality of teaching
• leadership and management strategies for achieving high standards of pupil behaviour
• how to analyse and use performance data
• how to achieve and maintain high-quality subject specialisms within the team
At OIE we believe that children come first and everything we do underpins this key focus, including how we deliver our NPQ courses.
All our courses are delivered by serving school leaders, who all have a proven record of success and all our evaluations to date have been outstanding. We blend the theory of leadership with practical learning, as we know this leads to improved outcomes for both you and for your children and young people.
You will be taught in a learning environment at Outwood Grange Academy, Outwood Conference Centre Doncaster and, where possible, at locations close to your home. With over 20 cross-phase schools, in Yorkshire, your training, and fellow participants, will represent this diversity.
At OIE we are committed to your future development. When you finish your NPQML we are always on hand to provide you with leadership support. If you feel ready for it, you can take some NQPSL modules that can be used towards completing this qualification at a later date. If you aren’t ready for your NPQSL we offer a wide range of high quality CPD to ensure you can continue your professional development.
We have built a relationship with Sheffield Hallam University to allow you to gain Credits and Transfer Scheme (CATS) points from your NPQML, which contribute towards a Master’s degree.
The programme costs £900 exc. VAT for schools who are not members of the Outwood Institute of Education.
If you are a member of OIE the cost is reduced to £800 exc. VAT.
Both of these prices are below the recommended retail price.
The final assessment is undertaken by additonal EMLC and fees are payable to them for this (currently £225). Please visit their website to confirm (www.emlc.co.uk).
NPQML is focused on school based learning, meaning you will learn by teaching in our academies.
There are two Essential modules:
• Leading Teaching
• Managing Systems and Process
In addition to these you will be required to choose Elective modules, which include:
• Effective Leadership of SEN provision
• Leading an effective team
• Leading and developing staff
• Succeeding in middle leadership
• Leading change for improvement
The final assessment process is based upon one project within your own school:
• You will lead a team, wither one you line manage or whose work you coordinate on a school improvement priority (it must demonstrate a positive impact and a sustainable change)
If you would like to register your interest for the next cohort of the NPQML Programme, please complete the contact form below.
If you have any questions or require any help with your application please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and our course leader will call you back.