Foundation Stage is Sally’s main area of expertise and interest and she relishes the opportunities there to raise standards of teaching and learning for children using innovative approaches.
Sally enjoys using all the skills and experience gained through her role as an AST and going forward as SLE to support colleagues in other settings which includes the following:
• Identifying need for change and identify barriers to change.
• Building bridges between team members, working to the strengths of the client first.
• Impacting positively on the learning environments in these settings by supporting practitioners.
• Action planning and target setting.
• Providing successful programmes of outreach support according to the client’s needs.
• Help and encourage others to create partnerships.
• Gradually transferring responsibility for monitoring developments to leaders at the school itself, so that they become responsible for change.