Secondary Representations – Using bar modelling to solve problems
Tuesday 20th March, 3:30pm – 6:00pm at the Outwood Institute of Education
Have you ever wondered how to get KS3 and KS4 pupils to become confident with those trickier multi-step problem solving questions? Bar Modelling is a key tool for teaching for depth of understanding. It accelerates learning by offering students a visual method of learning and problem solving.
Aims of the course:
- This course explores how to use Bar Modelling as a tool to work through multi-step problem solving questions including those in the New GCSE.
- You will gain an overview of Bar Modelling and how this powerful approach works.
- There will be opportunity for delegates to build confidence and skills to create their own bar models.
- It will give insight into how you can train students to use the Bar Modelling approach to break down those tricky problem solving questions.
- This method is a useful tool to teach a range of skills and develop problem solving both at KS3 and KS4
Outwood Institute of Education Conference Centre, Adwick, Doncaster, DN9 7EQ.
Cost and how to book
Please use the online booking form below to register your place.