Secondary Representations – Using bar modelling to solve problems
Have you ever wondered how to get KS3 and KS4 pupils to become confident with those trickier multi-step problem solving questions? Bar Modelling is a key tool for teaching for depth of understanding. It accelerates learning by offering students a visual method of learning and problem solving.
Aims of the course:
- This course explores how to use Bar Modelling as a tool to work through multi-step problem solving questions including those in the New GCSE.
- You will gain an overview of Bar Modelling and how this powerful approach works.
- There will be opportunity for delegates to build confidence and skills to create their own bar models.
- It will give insight into how you can train students to use the Bar Modelling approach to break down those tricky problem solving questions.
- This method is a useful tool to teach a range of skills and develop problem solving both at KS3 and KS4
Outwood Institute of Education Conference Centre, Adwick, Doncaster, DN9 7EQ.