We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and determined Head of English to lead large, cohesive and hard-working team. In 2016, 89% of students achieved A*-C in English and the department achieved an English Element progress score of +0.4.
The successful candidate will have leadership experience and proven impact on student outcomes. We are looking for a professional who is ambitious for students and colleagues alike, and keen to build further capacity within an already successful department. Excellent subject knowledge is essential; candidates should have a proven track record of teaching at A level and it would be advantageous to have experience of delivering WJEC/Eduqas GCSE specifications. You must be passionate about making a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘students first’.
Outwood Grange Academy is an 11 – 18 school with 2200 students on roll. It is located in Wakefield, close to the M1 and M62. It is the founding school of Outwood Grange Academies Trust, one of the country’s highest performing multi-academy trusts, which operates a number of primary and secondary academies in the region.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offers:
• the opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools;
• the chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy;
• the support and expertise of our Directors of English working across the Family of Schools, and access to extensive resources and advice;
• the opportunity to belong to a wider team of Heads and Teachers of English across academies within the ‘family’, sharing ideas and experiences;
• a full and detailed programme of support and development for all, and
• a further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Outwood Institute of Education.
If you care about the success of your students and colleagues, and have the energy and determination to make that success a reality, we would welcome your application.
If you are interested in this role, we invite you to contact Michelle Colledge-Smith (Associate Principal, email@example.com) if you have any questions, and you would be very welcome to visit our school by arrangement. Application packs can be requested from HR at firstname.lastname@example.org or downloaded from the school website www.grange.outwood.com. Applications can be completed online.
The closing date for this post is: 12pm, Friday 24 March 2017
Outwood Grange Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a DBS form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.