We are excited to be looking for a dynamic, forward thinking head of department to join our outstanding academy (Ofsted Feb 2016) and take our science department to the next level. We are looking for an inspiring and energetic leader with a real passion for science. You will be a motivated, enthusiastic and driven individual who has the skills and determination to make a significant difference to the lives of our students and share our single goal of ‘Students First’.
We offer an exciting opportunity to lead a team of 10 teachers and 3 technicians. You will have leadership experience, be determined and driven and have the ability to transform student’s lives. You will work alongside a fantastic team to continue to achieve the highest possible outcomes for students irrespective of their backgrounds or starting points.
The Outwood Grange Family of Schools offer:
• The opportunity to work and progress across the Family of Schools.
• The chance to apply for leadership roles in the Deeps working across the whole Academy.
• The support and expertise of our Directors of Science working across the Family of Schools.
• A full and detailed programme of support and development for all.
• A further comprehensive programme of professional development provided through the Outwood Institute of Education (formerly the Teaching School).
The role of head of department at Outwood Academy Adwick would be ideal for either an experienced head of department or someone looking to make that next step. You will be supported extensively by a team of science directors allowing you to strategically lead the department, whilst having the support and advice from the director team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to lead a progressive department and be pivotal in shaping their journey to world class.
This is a critical appointment for the Academy and is an exciting opportunity for you to move your career onto the next stage.
We warmly welcome and encourage potential applicants to visit the Academy. To arrange a visit please contact Mrs D Hanks, PA to the Principal on 01302 722237 ext. 244.