Outwood Academy Ripon, judged Outstanding by Ofsted January 2016, places students at the centre of everything it does. The focus is on creating a culture of success, with positive environments for learning to increase student attainment, achievement and social and emotional development.
Starting as soon as possible, we wish to appoint a Teaching Assistant to join our existing Inclusion team. The purpose of the post is to carry out a range of duties that enable students with learning needs to fully access standard and differentiated curriculum activities. The post holders will work closely with all other members of the Inclusion team and teachers to promote high standards of inclusion and learning opportunities.
As an experienced Teaching Assistant you will be extremely well organised, IT literate and have excellent communication skills both written and verbal. Qualified to NVQ3 or equivalent and have experience of supporting students with specific needs.
Duties will include:
• To work with the teacher to facilitate the teaching and learning of students with SEN
• To provide reports and contribute to reviews and target setting as necessary.
• To ensure all equipment used by individual students to support their learning needs are used and maintained responsibly.
• To undertake 1:1, small group work and withdrawal support as necessary.
• To liaise with parents, outside agencies and other professionals as necessary.
• To act as key worker for identified pupils and attend their review meetings.
• To monitor individual pupil’s conditions and concerns, and report as necessary.
Driving may be required within this role for home visits.
If you require any further information please e-mail email@example.com
Please note that there is currently a job evaluation exercise being undertaken across the Trust. The salary advertised for this post is therefore subject to job evaluation and may change.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our students. All offers of employment will be subject to enhanced DBS Check.
January 26, 2018 12:00
For an application pack and further information please visit our website www.ripon.outwod.com or contact Emma Humphries (Business & HR Assistant) on firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01765 604564