We are proud to announce that we are part of the NPQ Alliance, led by Ambition Institute who are licensed by the Department for Education to deliver the National Professional Qualifications.
The main focus of this programme is to ensure all participants increase their confidence and capability in the core skills and responsibilities of an effective school leader. The course will empower participants to develop a strong network to support them as headteachers. Participants will be assessed through a written assignment to ensure they have reached the qualification requirements, plus a viva interview to assess them against the more challenging Ambition bar.
The programme comprises a series of training sessions, along with pre- and post-reading, a nine-day school placement and an in-school impact project. The training sessions will include the following six core areas:
• Leadership skills for headteachers
• School self-evaluation and school improvement planning
• School culture and vision
• Operational management of a school including finance and HR
• Teaching, learning and curriculum
• Pastoral leadership
The NPQ Alliance will be delivering programmes offering this qualification, and Ambition School Leadership will also run the Headship Programme (with NPQH).
The programme consists of six full-day sessions spread throughout the course of the school year and will take place the Outwood Institute of Education, Tenter Balk Lane, Adwick, Doncaster, DN6 7EQ.
The dates and times are as follows:
• Module 1: Thursday 10th October 2019 (9.00 – 15.00)
• Module 2: Thursday 14th November 2019 (11.00 – 17.00)
• Module 3: Thursday 12th December 2019 (9.00 – 15.00)
• Module 4: Tuesday 24th March 2020 (11.00 – 17.00)
• Module 5: Tuesday 2nd June 2020 (9.00 – 15.00)
• Module 6: Wednesday 15th July 2020 (11.00 – 17.00)