Designed and delivered by outstanding Computer Science teachers, this programme aims to develop delegates’ Computer Science teaching to become consistently good or better.
The programme is appropriate for NQTs, experienced teachers and non-specialists in secondary who wish to deliver computer science lessons to a high standard.
There are six face to face modules, which cover:
· Using starters, plenaries and questioning to drive progress
· Challenging students’ misconceptions
· Differentiation of tasks to suit the needs of all learners
· Planning creative, fun and engaging lessons
· Preparing students to become resilient, independent problem solvers.
· Planning for practical application
The programme will develop delegates’ personal strengths and enable them to learn new skills and strategies in the classroom.
Please note: This programme is not focused on the development of subject knowledge for Computer Science. If you are interested in this please consider our Computer Science TSST programme.
All sessions are 8:30am-2:30pm and will be held at the Outwood Institute of Education, Acklam:
Session 1 - Tuesday 10 September
Session 2 - Wednesday 02 October
Session 3 - Monday 21 October
Session 4 - Friday 15 November
Session 5 - Thursday 05 December
Session 6 - Monday 16 December
Cost and Booking
OGAT Staff: This course is free to attend.
Alliance Schools: £100 per delegate
All Others: £200 per delegate