Designed and delivered by outstanding Computer Science teachers, this programme aims to develop delegates’ Computer Science teaching to become consistently good or better.
The programme is appropriate for NQTs, experienced teachers and non-specialists in secondary who wish to deliver computer science lessons to a high standard.
There are six face to face modules, which cover:
· Using starters, plenaries and questioning to drive progress
· Challenging students’ misconceptions
· Differentiation of tasks to suit the needs of all learners
· Planning creative, fun and engaging lessons
· Preparing students to become resilient, independent problem solvers.
· Planning for practical application
The programme will develop delegates’ personal strengths and enable them to learn new skills and strategies in the classroom.
Please note: This programme is not focused on the development of subject knowledge for Computer Science. If you are interested in this please consider our Computer Science TSST programme.
All sessions are 8:30am-2:30pm and will be held at the Outwood Institute of Education, Acklam:
Session 1 - Thursday 26th September 2019
Session 2 - Wednesday 2nd October 2019
Session 3 - Monday 21st October 2019
Session 4 - Friday 15th November 2019
Session 5 - Thursday 5th December 2019
Session 6 - Monday 16th December 2019
Cost and Booking
OGAT Staff: This course is free to attend.
Alliance Schools: £100 per delegate
All Others: £200 per delegate