This course is fully regulated, and comes fully certificated with a 3-year expiry date. It fully meets HSE guidelines, and is issued by an Ofqual recognised awarding body. This is a 1-day course, lasting 6 hours in total plus breaks.
• Understanding the role of the first aider
• Assessing the situation and circumstances to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is unconscious
• Administering cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
• Administering first aid to someone who is having a seizure
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is choking
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is wounded and bleeding
• Administering first aid to a casualty who is suffering from shock
• Provide appropriate first aid for minor injuries
This course is for internal OGAT staff only. The cost is £50 (excl. VAT) per person.
• Day one: Friday 18th January 2019
• Day two: Thursday 7th February 2019
• Day three: Tuesday 5th March 2019
This course is regulated, and a certificate is issued with a 3-year expiry date. It fully meets HSE guidelines, and is issued by an Ofqual recognised awarding body. This is a 3-day course, lasting 18 hours plus breaks.
In addition to the content from the Emergency First Aid at Work (EFAW) Level 3, this course takes a more in depth approach, giving staff a greater understanding and insight into many medical conditions.
• AED placement and awareness
• Anaphylactic shock (including EpiPen training)
• Burns and scalds
• Chest injuries
• Eye injuries
• Head injuries
• Heart attack and angina
• Secondary survey (systematic approach to identify wounds and bleeding)
• Fractures, sprains and strains (injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including spinal injuries)
• Sudden poisoning
This course is for internal OGAT staff only. The cost is £150 (excl. VAT) per person.
Please complete the booking form below to register your place.
If you are unable to attend an event the following charges will apply:
|Notice Period||% Charge|
|Less than 7 days prior to the event||100%|
|Less than 14 days prior to the event||75%|
|Less than 28 days prior to the event||50%|
Cancellation more than 28 days prior to the event will be refundable. If you are able to send another colleague in your place, we will transfer the booking to a colleague with no administration charge.