Youth MHFA Champion – One Day Course
- Thursday 16 May 2019, 9:00am – 3:30pm
- Friday 17 May 2019, 9:00am – 3:30pm
Please note only one place is available for each academy. You will receive a booking confirmation from LMP Education to confirm your place.
By attending this one-day course, you can expect to gain:
- An understanding of common mental health issues and how they can affect young people.
- Ability to spot signs of mental ill health in young people and guide them to a place of support.
- Knowledge and confidence to advocate for mental health awareness. Skills to support positive wellbeing.
What to Expect
We limit number to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn. The day includes a mix of presentations, group discussions and workshop activities. You will get a youth MHFA manual to keep and refer to whenever you need it. When you complete the day, you’ll get a certificate to say you are a Youth MHFA Champion.
- What is mental health and mental ill health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- The Mental Health First Aid action plan
- Eating Disorders
Cost and How to Book
Open to OGAT staff only. There is no cost.
Register your place here.