The Outwood Institute of Education is proud to be recognised as a National Teaching School.
Teaching schools are centres of excellence for the training and development of the team around the child: teachers, learning support assistants, administrative staff, maintenance staff – anybody who works in an education environment.
Outwood Institute of Education is a large, geographical spread, cross phase alliance. We currently have over seventy members of the alliance, made up of secondary schools, primary schools, special schools, a hospital school, higher education institutes, educational consultants and educational agencies.
As well as offering training and support for their alliance themselves, teaching schools are asked to identify and co-ordinate expertise from their alliance, using the best leaders and teachers to:
1. Play a greater role in training new entrants to the profession
2. Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development
3. Identify and develop leadership potential
4. Provide support for other schools
5. Designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
6. Engage in research and development
Membership to the alliance is free and there are two types – Strategic Partners and Alliance Members. For further information about membership and how to join, please click here